Ganz interessant mal eine Meinung zu lesen...

Lou Messina schrieb auf Muscle Mayhem:

Ronnie Rockel may be the most under-rated competitor in the pro ranks. It is difficult to accurately place him in the 2005 Olympia because he was wearing Dreamtan, which impaired the contrast of light peaks and darker cuts. (The Europeans haven't caught on to this for some reason.) Even with this handicap, I thought he was impressive, deserving to be placed well within the top ten.

I didn't notice his head was shaved at the finals. I doubt the competitors were aware of their standing after the pre-judging. Even if he made an assumption by the callouts, I doubt he could have accurately predicted his placing was that low.

Ronnie did compete in 2005 at the IFBB Australian Pro Grand Prix where he placed third, qualifying him for the Olympia.

Ronnie appeared amiable and interested in the fans' reaction to his first US appearance at the 2003 IFBB Night Of Champions. However, he is handicapped by several facts:

- He doesn't speak English;
- His Dutch sponsor appears to shield him from any public contact;
- Statistically, the judges in US competitions favor competitors who rose up through the NPC ranks.