Ergebnis 1 bis 2 von 2
    FBB-Szene Admin Avatar von FBBFan

Kimberly (Ferrell) McGuire

Spotlight On NPC Female Bodybuilder: Kim Ferrell

Category you compete in: BodyBuilding
    Date of birth: June 26, 1971 Cancer through and through!
    Hometown: Born in Jersey, Live in Indianapolis, In
    Career: US Dept of Treasury, Revenue Officer…..don’t ask!

How does your family respond to your competing?
    I’m really very blessed that my parents are so supportive. My dad and step mom are in large part responsible for my interest in the sport as a kid. They always had muscle magazines around the house. I loved to look at all the physiques, both men and women. Arnold, Rich Gaspari, Lee Labrada, Tom Platz, Carla Dunlap, Corey Everson, Juliet Bergman, the list goes on! I was intrigued to say the least. My mom has always been my biggest cheerleader. She has seen me through every competition, watched the transformation and encourages me every time I compete.

What kind of goals have you set for yourself, short-term and long-term?
    My goals regarding bodybuilding have always been simple. Give it all I’ve got when I’m getting ready for a show. Winning is always the goal. I’ve got to know that I’ve done everything in my power to bring the best ‘ME’ possible to the stage. I always allow myself to enjoy the journey, and try learn every time I prep.
    Other life goals, travel, spend as much time with my family and friends, advance in my career and retire by the time I’m 60ish.

What's currently on your iPod?
    I have probably the most messed up mix of music on my Ipod!! I’ve got everything from Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Crystal Method, Moby, Joan Jett, Misfits, Johnny Cash, New Order, Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys, Korn, Filter, Bow Wow Wow, Dido, NIN, Sarah MacLachlin, Enya, Erasure….you get the idea. I was a total 80’s punk kid. Probably the worst decade for music EVER but punk saved my sanity lol

What are your hobbies and interests outside of the bodybuilding world?
    I absolutely love flower gardens, planting flowers, maintaining them, etc…lots of work but I love it. I’m also such a girl, I love to shop! Most of all, I love to bake!! Yes bake! Bad stuff too. Cheesecakes have become sort of my specialty. Cookies, brownies, ice cream, cakes, muffins….etc Needless to say when I’m prepping, the baking is nixed! Come time for the holidays, I’m a mad woman in the kitchen

Do you have a favorite exercise?
    I have grown to love training my back. I don’t really have a favorite exercise, but I love the challenge of sculpting and working my back so that it grows. The back is comprised of so many muscles that attach in such complex ways, it’s become an art form to work the back into submission.

Competition history:
    2005 Kentucky Muscle 1st Heavyweight and Overall
    2006 Northern Kentucky 1st Middleweight and Overall
    2006 Junior Nationals 6th Light Heavy
    2007 Indiana State 1st Heavyweight and Overall
    2007 USA’s 7th Light Heavy
    2007 North American 6th Light Heavy
    2008 North American 2nd Middleweight
    2009 Nationals 8th Middleweight
    2011 Central States 1st Middleweight and Overall
    2011 North American 2nd Light Heavy open and 35+

Next competition:
    2012 Masters Nationals 35+

The Omaha Pro
    Bodybuilding : IFBB Pro Women (5th)
    Competition Photos

IFBB North American Championships
    Bodybuilding : Women - Over 35 - Light Heavyweight (1st)
    Competition Photos

Bodybuilding : Women - Earned Pro Card
    Competition Photos

Bodybuilding : Women - Light Heavyweight (1st)
    Competition Photos

Bodybuilding : Women - Over 40 - Light Heavyweight (1st)
    Competition Photos

Masters National Championships
    Bodybuilding : Women - Masters Over 40 Light Heavyweight (3rd)
    Competition Photos

Masters National Championships
    Bodybuilding : Women - Masters Over 35 Light Heavyweight (3rd)
    Competition Photos

Bodybuilding : Women - Light Heavyweight (3rd)
    Competition Photos

Bodybuilding : Women - Masters Over 35 Light Heavyweight (3rd)
    Competition Photos

Favorite Fitness Tip: Feel the contraction! If you can’t feel the muscle contracting that you are trying to work, lower the weight. The whole mind/muscle connection can’t be stressed enough!!

Who would you like to thank?
    I have so many wonderful people in my life!! First I have to thank my man, my partner in life, my trainer in the gym and better half, Tim McGuire. Life is such a wonderful experience with him!! My coach and nutritionist the Master, George Farah. The man is a genius, I swear! He’s bringing me in to Masters in the best shape of my life!! I can’t thank George without thanking Tammy Patnode who took very good care of me on very short notice last year for my 2011 NA prep. She is a wonderful friend, coach and the sweetest person in the industry that I’ve met! She referred me to George as well. I wouldn’t be involved in bodybuilding if it weren’t for the influence from my dad and his life long dedication to fitness. My mom for always being in my corner for anything, anytime no matter what. My best buds, Kira Neuman and Arrin Crain who are always there for me when I need them, who helped me in the roughest times of my life and have always been great sources of inspiration and motivation, love you guys!! Gail, I want to say thank you to you for the opportunity to share a little about myself and my life. You’re doing wonderful things here at RX!!

FBB-Szene Admin Avatar von FBBFan
    Chicago 2016

Lesezeichen