Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
    Flex Leser Avatar von milou2007

Shawn Ray zurueckgetreten!

Bodybuildinglegende Shawn Ray ist von seinem Posten als Athletensprecher zurueckgetreten. Hier ist die offizielle Stellungnahme seitens Shawn Ray :

It's official!

As of today, I have decided to step down as IFBB Athlete Representative. The position needs Legal Representation to be effective, a "Lawyer!" Hopefully, someone or an institution will be willing to step forward and help the Athletes level the playing field economically & physically to save our sport and our Athletes.

------------------------------------------------------------
    January 2nd, 2005

Dear IFBB Pro Men,

First I want to say, "Happy New Year" to each and everyone of you and may all your dreams and goals come true in the coming year!

As you all know, I had to get 98 Signatures (Majority Vote) of the Registered Athletes in 2003 to become the Athlete Representative for 2004 to 2006. That being said, there are 3 Official Meetings per/ yr. where the Issues, Concerns, Problems and Changes can be dealt with. I have personally spoken with those of you who had serious problems and concerns, as they related directly or indirectly with matters of:

Prize Money, Judges, Pay Per View, Promoters Failure to Pay, Contest Entry Deadlines, Score Sheets and other issues that needed the attention of the the federation or issues that needed a response by the federation.

Well, some Athletes responded with feedback for me to place on the table with the federation, while others didn't respond to any issues or complaints that related to them.

This year, most of you were expecting a response from me following the Mr. Olympia regarding the final "Issues & Concerns" that were to be placed before the other Officials and the federation Vice President. I forwarded the detailed items to Jim Manion, the IFBB Vice President 8 weeks prior to the Olympia Weekend and we were to go over them at the Mr. Olympia Meeting prior to the contest with other Representives and Officials. I received an Email from an IFBB Official Representative that had the "Formal Representative Meeting" starting at 9pm Wendsday evening after the Athletes Meeting.

However, when I showed up for the Men's Meeting starting at 7:30pm, I was told the Official & Representative Meeting began at 4:30pm and was over.

I was also told I should have received and Email stating the "Change of Time" on my computer. Sadly, I never did receive an email and or a phone call stating the change? I was told I would receive the "Minutes" regarding the meeting, however I have yet to hear or see anything that happend or was addressed regarding the issues you guys wanted me to address?

It is for this reason, I feel the position of "Athlete Representative" for me does not carry equal balance for you the Athletes in regard to the federation and promoters.

Therefore, I removing myself from the position of "Athlete Representative" effective immediately. I feel I am not able to effectively have the issues that need immediate attention addressed by the federation to aide and assist you in your professional careers.

I wish you all continued success and best wishes!

Respectfully,

Shawn Ray

Gruss,
    Jeff

Gesperrt
    Da hätte er sich aber kürzer fassen können (Fuck you).

Sportrevue Leser Avatar von Alexander Sturm
    Eine Frage des Niveaus

75-kg-Experte/in
    Wurde auch Zeit, den wollte eh keiner. Steht schon in der aktuellen Muscular Development drin - interessante News über Auseinandersetzung zwischen Ray und Jim Manion.

HX

Sportrevue Leser Avatar von Alexander Sturm
    Ich glaube, dass Shawn Ray ein großer Verlust für Bodybuilding ist.
    Ich hatte immer den Eindruck, dass er unter anderem versucht hat BB wieder etwas mehr in Richtung Ästhetik zu lenken, offensichtlich ist das nicht erwünscht.
    Was ich bedauerlich und eher ungewöhnlich finde, dass er aufgibt. Wenn ich bedenke, wie konsequent Bodybuilder auf seinem Niveau bei Erreichung ihrer Ziele sind, gibt das Anlass zur Sorge und zwar darüber wie es wohl in der Profiliga zugeht.
    Trotz der "etwas" merkwürdigen Behandlung seiner Person, soweit man seinen Ausführungen Glauben schenken darf, teile ich nur bedingt seinen Ärger darüber "herumgeschubst" und nicht willkommen zu sein, denn das war von Anfang an bei seiner Tätigkeit klar und schließlich machte er es nicht für sich, sondern, wie er sagt, für die Bodybuilder nach ihm.

Flex Leser Avatar von Mr.Sonnenstrand
    Und gibt es schon Gerüchte wer der Nachfolger wird ???
    Vielleicht sollten sich Craig Titus und King Kamali den Posten teilen...

75-kg-Experte/in Avatar von Hava
    Sehr schade. Shawn macht viel für den Sport und trotzdem wird er immer aufs übelste kritisiert.
    Aber irgendwie kann man seine Entscheidung nachvollziehen.

King oder Titus als Ersatz wären wohl undenkbar. Bevor diese Typen dies in Angriff nehmen sollten, müssen sie sich mal einen richtigen Status bei den Pro's schaffen.

Greez Hava