Neck: 14 inches
Biceps: 16 inches
Forearms: 11 inches
Chest: 44 inches
Waist: 28 inches
Hips: 37 inches
Thighs: 26 inches
Calves: 15 inches

I am originally from Manchester (England) but currently live in the south west of England with my beautiful Bull Mastiff dog called Holly. I have been training seriously for about five years and entered my first competition in 2009 (NABBA England).

I couldn’t pin point exactly when I first got into bodybuilding or when I first realised I wanted to be a bodybuilder. I started off as just a regular gym goer who wanted to lose a bit of weight and tone up. Yet the more I trained and saw my body changing and saw the positive changes bodybuilding had on my life, the more seriously I took my training and the more I wanted to learn about it.

From the outset though the one thing that was blatantly obvious was just how strong I was and from fairly early on I was lifting similar weights to most of the men in the gym. Consequently as you can imagine I have gone through my fair share of training partners as they have struggled to keep up with the intensity and passion with which I train. To date my maximum lift on dead lift has been 200kg (440lbs) and my maximum squat has been 240kg (529lbs).

Even though bodybuilding takes up the mainstay of my time I have lots of other interests and hobbies. I am a mad rugby fan and I’m a massive heavy metal fan.

I can imagine my bodybuilding career will take me to yet more far flung places where I will meet more exciting and interesting people. Life really is an adventure which is there for the taking!

Indeed 2009 was my debut year competing and what a year it was. After taking second at the NABBA England I qualified for the NABBA Universe which proved to be only the second time I had competed on stage. I achieved a remarkable second place at the Universe among what was a competitively high standard. In my subsequent competition I took first place at the Hercules show in 2009 which has qualified me for the British Finals, which will be taking place shortly. In preparation for the British finals I have had a successful off season of hard, intense training in which I have made significant gains. At the end of what was my first off season I reached a weight of 13 stone 8, which translates into 190 lbs, at a height of 5ft 6. I was able to add an inch onto my arms so that they are now 16” and my legs grew to 28”. So all in all it was a very successful off season and I can’t wait to get on stage and compete again this year. Hopefully 2010 will be my most successful year yet.

Danke an Andy