Seite 19 von 19 ErsteErste ... 9171819
Ergebnis 181 bis 188 von 188
    Gesperrt
    Das ist ja richtig übel...

Men`s Health Abonnent Avatar von BamBamsCorner
    @SJ: Hyperglykämie ist es leider nicht, sondern Hyperkalämie. Die, vereinfacht, eine Kaliumvergiftung.

Vielleicht berichtigst Du das bei Deiner Übersetzung noch.

Grüße
    BamBam

75-kg-Experte/in
    Zitat Zitat von asani
    sehr interessante diskussion mit milos, shawn, steve weinberger etc.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=30584.0

steve weinberger1

Re: IFBB warns Milos & Mustafa? No Way???
    « Reply #44 on: May 23, 2005, 08:10:26 PM »
    The IFBB's #1 concern is that the athletes stay healthy. Afterall, if athletes are dying; so will the sport! If an athlete repeatedly ends up in the hospital from over dehydration, he obviously is getting bad advise, or not learning anything from his mistakes. This is why Jim Manion issued the warning to Mustafa; if this is what it will take to save Mustafa's life, so be it.

Now, much of what Milos has said about the events of the last few contests involving Mustafa is incorrect. Milos stated that NO IFBB official went to the hospital in Las Vegas; however, this is not true. Both Jim Manion and Vince Scalisi went to the hospital and did not leave until Mustafas was out of danger. In Amersterdam, I stayed at the hospital until Mustafa again, was out of danger, and in fact, left in just enough time to catch the plane to London that morning. I was up all night.

All competing athletes were issued with a ticket for a guest, for both prejudging and finals, so if Mustafa had really needed you, he could have given you these tickets. Also, if you knew you were coming to the show, why didn't you call me about tickets?

Security stopped all non-authorized persons from going back stage, not just Milos. There were staff working backstage to assist all athletes. No individuals were permitted to bring their own assistants backstage. The reason for this was the large number of competing athletes.

You were told by the staff at the door that no athletes were allowed to have their own helpers, and yet you stood and argued the point, taking the time and attention of the workers. You also managed to change your story, and claim that you were sent by Flex magazine to photograph the event (which was not true). So if anyone behaved unprofessionally, it was you.

I will not get into a war of words. This is my only response to his accusations.

Steve Weinberger

Shawn Ray

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2005, 11:10:30 PM »
    Simple solution, bring back the Diuretic Testing and this time ENFORCE it unlike the 2001 Mr. O where Cutler tested positive and everyone ran for the hills and through the testing out the window!
    Get the Testing Back and deter some Athletes from harming themslves this way, atleast then if and when something happens, the responsibility will be on the Athlete not the Federation.
    As for not letting people in: I spoke with 2 NYPD Guys I had signed pictures for and they were turned away simply because they had no tickets due to the show being Sold Out! Steve had his people at the door as he had a show to run and they were given specific instructions, "No Ticket, no Entry."
    I respect that and would have done the same.
    It is business and I have Paid for many BBing tickets to support the sport and the Promoter with nothing expected in return except a good seat!
    I buy tickets every year to the Mr. O even though I have competed in it 13 years!
    True, a simple phone call from Milos to Steve could have handled this or Manion could have spoken to Milos about their association follwing the Olympia, where I called him and informed his of which hospital Mustafa was being taken to and he beat me there with Vince Scalici Editor of M&F and Keving Levrone! Shocked
    That being said, it seems there was a communtication problem here and we are making a Mountain out of a Mole Hill.
    Personally, if I were running a federation with an Athlete with Mustafa's track record, I would have had him provide Medical Clearance or sign a disclaimer to compete, End Story.
    Now, dialogue with the federation is what maybe needed to change things but lack of communication as Steve ran his first Pro show ever, is no reason to beat a dead horse.
    Can someone please pick up a phone or schedule a meeting with some of the Athletes who care and get this done BEFORE the MR. O so Everyone can benefit from the results. Cool
    Out,
    Shawn

Milos_Sarcev

« Reply #51 on: Today at 12:26:24 AM »
    In response to Steve's post:

Steve, when someone calls me a liar - I have NO PROBLEM...as long as they can back up their claims.
    So, are you ready to defend yours?

You said:" Much of what Milos has said about the events of the last few contests involving Mustafa is INCORRECT. Milos stated that NO IFBB official went to the hospital in Las Vegas; however, this is not true. Both Jim Manion and Vince Scalese went to the hospital and did not leave until Mustafa was out of danger."

REALLY?

I went straight to Mustafa's room after I received phone call from Shawn Ray - and DID NOT LEAVE MUSTAFA until I personally walk him back in his room at the Mandalay Bay.
    I went from his room to the front seat of the Ambulance and from the ambulance straight to Emergency Room of the hospital - and stayed by his bed until 7 AM when he was released.
    I called the cab and made sure that he made back to his room.
    So, if I didn't leave Mustafa for a second how could I miss Jim Manion or Vince Scalese?
    Shawn Ray was there with his wife and pastor of his church; Kris Dim was there as well as Kevin Levrone. They stayed for a while and during their stay I did talk on the phone with Vince Scalese several times. Vince was very concerned and he did call periodically.
    Mustafa's potassium levels were very high - and it took several hours to bring them back.
    He released himself from the hospital (without doctor's recommendation) just so he could try to make the flight back home.
    If the IFBB officials were so concerned about his health - did they find out what happened to him that night, next morning and a day after? Who did they call and what did they find out?
    Did they get precise information of his health status?
    Did they arrange extra day in Mandalay Bay and did they change his plane ticket?
    NO!
    Poor guy missed his flight, went back to hotel were he was charged over $600.00 for extra day and had to pay a fee to change the flight as well.

I see that Shawn just posted that indeed - Jim and Vince came to the hospital and I was not aware of that.
    However, they CERTAINLY didn’t stay until he was out of danger.
    I was by Mustafa the whole time (together with his friend and NPC competitor Faramaz) and did not see neither Jim or Vince. I went out for a few minutes to inform the others (Shawn, Kris, Kevin…) and I did not see IFBB officials.
    I would assume that IF THEY DID COME TO SEE HIM – they would come to the room and talk to the doctors…

Next - you said:" In Amsterdam, I stayed at the hospital until Mustafa again, was out of danger, and in fact left in just enough time to catch the plane to London that morning. I was up all night."

REALLY?
    You were there until 2AM - when Mustafa was still in EXTREME danger - as his potassium levels were not established because Dutch hospital's machine could only measure Potassium levels less than 10 mEq/L - and Mustafa's were well above that.
    Doctors had to re-check it several times until finally about 5AM he was in range - and released from Emergency room and taken to the different room to stay there for the next 24 hours.
    Promoter Lilly and myself stayed all night - and we made sure that he is taken to different room and proclaimed OUT OF DANGER.
    I can go in great details about the whole thing as I discussed everything with Dutch doctors - and believe me - you don't want to go in details.
    You stayed 30 minutes max...but I'll give you a credit for a whole hour.

This is what is important.
    Now, on your other points:” You also managed to change your story, and claim that you were sent by FLEX magazine to photograph the event (which was not true)"

I was sent by FLEX magazine editor Peter Mc Gough - person that TRULLY CARES for the athletes.
    Real reason he paid for my plane ticket (If you want the proof - I can scan the ticket and reservation that his secretary Nune sent me last week) is TO HELP MUSTAFA.
    He was concern about this GREAT HUMAN BEING and unbelievable bodybuilder and he wanted to make sure NOTHING happens to him.
    NOW THAT IS SOMEONE THAT CARES FOR THE ATHLETES...I take my hat off to him - always.
    I offered to Peter that I can photograph "behind the scenes" and even though he didn't give me real assignment he said that it would be interesting to document what competitors are going through in the last few days before the contest.

You said: "security stopped all non-authorized persons..." I was coming to athletes meeting and Joe Palumbo (security) stopped me saying that ONLY competitors are allowed.
    I had no problem with that. But, Flex and Dexter were coming in - and Joe let them in...but stopped me!?
    When I asked him why would he let some IFBB pros and not me - his response was:" Oh, I thought they were competing!?!"
    YES, I was arguing the point...taking the time and attention of the workers...They were NOT busy at the time as NOBODY (but 31 competitors + Flex and Dexter) was allowed to come in.
    And speaking of no individuals were permitted to bring their own assistants backstage - can you tell me how did you always get around it following Dorian in so many Olympia's?
    Remember 1996 when Shawn called you backstage and asked you IF no competitor has personal assistant why is Steve Weinberger here with Dorian?
    What did you do Steve? Always obeyed the rules?

BTW - Joe Palumbo was a class act, he felt bad and purchased prejudging ticket for me. He told me that he simply follow your orders.

And next time Steve, when you are on the cell phone telling someone:" F...Milos, I don't want him in my show - tell security to kick him out..." look around you and don't be so loud!

Point is: LET’S STOP TALKING ABOUT CONCERN FOR THE ATHLETES AND LET’S START SHOWING IT!
    In the mean time some RESPECT would also be very much appreciated…

Milos,
    IFBB professional

Eisenbeißer/in Avatar von matzedre
    nicht zu fassen

Sportstudent/in
    Starkes Stück. Interessant, dass die beiden (bzw. drei) das öffentlich über ein Forum diskutieren und nicht am Telefon.

Milos ähnelt Mustafa in Art und Ausdruck sehr, kann mir sehr gut vorstellen, dass die beiden sich verstehen.

75-kg-Experte/in
    ich finde darrem, ahmed waren in super form was man anhand der bilder sagen kann - aber was bitte macht z.b. ein murray, chicerillo und ev. ein martinez vor mustafa? alles natürlich in gewisser weise subjektiv aber murray wird sowas von überbewertet - er ist kompakt und massig keine frage aber für mich hätte er absolut nichts in den top10 zu suchen. warum alle auf paco rumhacken versteh ich nicht so ganz - er hat nicht die schönste linie hat aber ein super paket auf die bühne gebracht!!!

wenn man das alles so liest - finde ich das so manche wichtigtuer in der ifbb mal überlegen sollten um wen es letztlich in dem sport geht - um die athleten und nicht die herren in den anzügen.

Sportstudent/in

Sj
    Gast
    Zitat Zitat von BamBamsCorner
    @SJ: Hyperglykämie ist es leider nicht, sondern Hyperkalämie. Die, vereinfacht, eine Kaliumvergiftung.

Vielleicht berichtigst Du das bei Deiner Übersetzung noch.

Grüße
    BamBam
    Hi BamBam,

vielen Dank, habe ich gerade gemacht.
    Zum Rausche...

Seite 19 von 19 ErsteErste ... 9171819