Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 10
    Sportstudent/in

nick hatch - 19 jahre, 67,5 kg, 810 total

Progress Update, March 4th, 2005

At the WPO Super Open Championships in Columbus, OH on March 4th and 5th, 2005,

Nick Squatted 357.5kg/788lb, missing 365kg/804lb, Bench Pressed 217.5kg/479lb, missing 222.5kg/490lb, Deadlifted 235kg/518lb and Totaled 810kg/1785lb in the 67.5kg/148lb division, placing 4th overall in the Lightweights (60kg/132lb-75kg/165lb).

-----

Progress Update, January 22nd, 2005

At the APF-Iowa/Dubuque Community Y Midwest Powerlifting & Push-Pull Championships in Dubuque, IA on January 22nd, 2005, Nick Squatted 352.5kg/777lb, but bombed in the Bench Press with 212.5kg/468lb.

-----

Initial Interview, January 6th, 2005 – Teen Phenom in the 148lb Class

What are your age, bodyweight and occupation?
    19, 148lb, Personal Trainer.

What are your best lifts?
    148 – 734lb Open & Teen WR Squat, 485lb WR Bench, 529lb WR Deadlift, 1749lb WR Total
    165 – 705lb WR Squat, 462lb WR Bench, 501lb Deadlift, 1670lb WR Total

At the first Bench America, I cut my bodyweight from 152 to 132. I was 16 years old and benched 3x my bodywieght, 405 lbs. That was one of the hardest, best meets of my career.

How long have you been lifting and where?
    I have been lifting for 3 years at Big Iron Gym in Omaha, NE.

What style of training do you use?
    The Rick Hussey "Big Iron" style. Heavy, consistent training. We start with heavy triples, then doubles and singles. Every third week we do a heavy green band overload for doubles.

What type of equipment do you use and how do you get the most out of it?
    I use an Inzer canvas squat suit, no briefs. I squat wide stance. My straps are down for lighter sets, 80% of my max. Then I put my straps up for my heavy sets of the day. My bench shirt is a double denim Inzer. I like it open back and I pull the neck line to my front delt, not too low. I need the shirt tight around my waist. The deadlift suit I used to wear was a Frantz, I liked it better worn backwards. I pull sumo stance. Now that I've developed better upper back strength, I am playing around with a marathon. I hope to get an Inzer that fits me just right. Again I will keep my straps down with 70% of my max and put them up for any sets after that.

Who are you?
    I'm Nick Hatch, short in stature and light in weight. I was 5'2" 'till I started to squat in the 800's, now I am not so sure. My body weight never moves over 152 lbs. I have been an athlete all my life, boxing from the ages of 8-15. I was a silver glove Nebraska state champion five years in a row. My record is 24-4. My brother, Rick, introduced me to Rick Hussey and Becca Swanson at Big Iron Gym. My first bench workout with Rick I benched 250 lbs weighting only 119 lbs. That is when Rick noticed my talent and signed me up for meets. My first meet I captured the 132 lb Nebraska state bench record at 315 lbs. My next meet was Teen nationals in Fresno where I broke the teenage world record with a 354 lb bench at 132. I have been a full meet lifter ever since. Basically, I come from a broken home. I have been living on my own since I was 14. I have 4 older brothers who have always been my role models, of what to do and what not to do. Growing up with these guys, there were constant fist fights; I grew up quick and tough. I have screwed up here and there, made bad decisions in life, but my lifting has kept me out of trouble. All of my life decisions revolve around lifting, and it is good for me.

Where do you train?
    I train at Big Iron Gym, Omaha, Nebraska. Home of the champions. I have been with the team since it was small, now we have over 40 powerlifters. I enjoy training with Rick Hussey, best trainer in the world, and Becca Swanson, best female lifter in the world. We have a lot of potential in our lifters. I have found my closest friends among the team. I spend 12-15 hours a week at the gym, and I am not talking social time. Big Iron Gym is one of my favorite places to be, even when I am not working out.

Who do you admire in the sport?
    Steve Goggins, Garry Frank, Tony Conyers, Travis Mash and Becca Swanson. I admire TJ Horner for giving me good competition at Senior Nationals and for his faith in Jesus. I have great respect for Kieran Kidder for giving me a chance to lift at the Arnold.

What lifting technique suits you best in each of the three lifts, and what do you concentrate on most during your lifts?
    In each lift we train heavy and consistent. When I am squating I concentrate on lifting of strong and executing the lift with perfect form. I have to concentrate the most on getting full depth. Benching I concentrate most on bar placement on my chest. I also have to remind myself to keep my arch, tight back, elbows in and head up. In the deadlift I have to focus on my grip. These damn short fingers don't allow me to reach my full strength potential, I am trying to change that. Right before every lift I pray for a safe outcome whether or not I get the lift. Getting to my level some people don't reolize each lift is high risk.

Please list your training numbers in common movements.
    We don't do a lot of odd ball lifts. Mostly just the basic squat, bench and deadlift.

What is your training routine?
    As I said, I spend 12-15 hours in the gym a week. I do bench with chest and shoulder assistance on Mondays. Wednesdays I do deadlift and back assistance. Thurdays I do bench lock-out work with tricep and bicep assistance. Saturdays are squat days with quad and hamstring assistance.

Every training day is like a mini meet. We have such great lifters and there are so many of us, we pump eachother up and motivate eachother just like a meet. Every tornament I try to increase my raw strength by at least 25 lbs per lift.

What specific exercises do you believe have been effective in increasing your bench squat and deadlift?
    Squat: heavy weight overloads with bands from the top.

Bench: heavy board presses on tricep day.

Have you ever “plateaued” on any of your lifts and how did you correct the issue(s) causing the halt in progress?
    Deadlift, it has been at a plateau at 525-550 for a year and a half. It is purely a grip issue, so I am working on my grip.

What has gotten you to your current level?
    Consistent training and back to back meets keep me going stronger. When I have down time, I train down only a little bit. You have to lift year round, no breaks.

Have you ever had any injuries? How do you avoid them in training?
    I have had a torn rotator cuff. If I feel something hurting, I don't push it. I lay off the heavy weight for a couple of weeks. The reason I don't get injured is because Rick taught me good form. I also do my assistance work faithfully.

How do you feel about what you've accomplished so far and what are your goals?
    I feel I have come a long ways in a short amount of time. I am not quite where I want to be yet. My goal is to take lightweight champion at the WPO Arnold Classic.

How do you intend on continuing to progress?
    Train hard and consistent. Hope for the best.

What do you recommend non-elite lifters should concentrate most on in training?
    They should keep improving on assistance work in addition to the main lifts. Never give up hope. I never thought I would be as strong as I am today. It goes to show that most of us don't even know our own strength.

Describe your nutritional plan.
    Two Arby's roast beef and a curly fry. That is shortly after a meal of Fruity Pebbles and donuts. Seriously, I only concentrate on keeping my protein up. Other than that I really don't care.

When and where is your next meet?
    January 22 is my next meet in Dubuque, IA. That is a warm-up meet for the WPO Arnold Classic, early March.

Anyone you would like to thank?
    I would like to thank Rick Hussey and Becca Swanson for supporting me, believing in me and taking me to competitions all across the Nation.

Thanks Nick.

quelle: www.irongame.com

anmerkung: nick drückte mit 16 schon über 200 kg mit dem selben gewicht - unglaublich...

gruss
    bipolar

Sportstudent/in
    naja in so einem gym wär ich auch gern öfter...

BIG IRON GYM von becca swanson!

quelle: http://www.beccaswanson.com/big_iron.html

75-kg-Experte/in
    Der Monolift sieht mal geil aus

Respekt vor den Leistungen von dem Jungen.....

Solche Bilder Motivieren mich immer zusätzlich...... ich wll wieder ans Eisen.....

Eisenbeißer/in Avatar von meddlmax
    Ich glaub ich hab ein neues Vorbild muahahah

Men`s Health Abonnent Avatar von hara
    na wenn der heben auch noch was könnt....(im verhältnis zu seinen anderen leistungen!)

wahnsinn

Sportbild Leser/in Avatar von dachsbaer
    Zitat Zitat von hara
    na wenn der heben auch noch was könnt....(im verhältnis zu seinen anderen leistungen!)

wahnsinn
    Bei 240kg gehen dem bestimmt die Pfoten auf, wenn die Hände einigermaßen zur Körpergröße passen.

Sportstudent/in
    Have you ever “plateaued” on any of your lifts and how did you correct the issue(s) causing the halt in progress?
    Deadlift, it has been at a plateau at 525-550 for a year and a half. It is purely a grip issue, so I am working on my grip.

Sportbild Leser/in Avatar von dachsbaer
    Zitat Zitat von bipolar
    Ah ja, hatte gar ni alles gelesen damn short fingers eben.
    Mit Griffen höbe der sicher gleich mal 300kg.

Sportstudent/in
    Wasn aus dem geworden ?

Gesperrt
    Wow heftig. Das Problem mit den kurzen Fingern kenne ich auch. *g*