Seite 1 von 12 12311 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 115
    Neuer Benutzer

Milos spricht harte Worte

JUDGING THE IFBB JUDGES

I think it is about time to put some things in prospective.
    What happened at the Mr. Olympia 2005?

“Powers that rule the sport” dictated the placing by bluntly making sure that judges cannot have much freedom of making their decisions.
    Competitors were compared in groups and other comparisons were simply NOT ALLOWED!

Judges were instructed that:
    1st and 2nd guys should be Ronnie and Jay – as they were called out alone and NEVER compared with nobody else (with exception of Günter in the symmetry round)

3rd-4th-5th were Günter, Gustavo and Victor – and these guys didn’t have a chance to be compared with first and second (like they are not good enough or deserving of the comparison?)

6th-7th-8th were Melvin, Dennis and Branch – again with no chance to fight for better placing with previous two groups or defending their placing from the guys that placed behind them…

ETC, ETC…

Clearly – this was THE MOST DISGUSTING example of what few powerful people in the sport (and everyone knows who I am talking about) can do to even the most prestigious contest in the world!

Are we ready for the change?

I think IT IS ABOUT TIME!

Sportrevue Leser Avatar von tonxi
    wo er recht hat,.....

nur is die frage was die alternative zur IFBB ist?

Sportstudent/in
    guessed top 13th correctly after the prejudging (I showed my list to few people to prove that). But - I judged according what was dictated to me - as (if you read my first post) I had a chance to choose between 1 and 2, than between 3-4-5...than 6-7-8...etc

I judged just like IFBB judges had to - with limitations dictated from the top.

Last year at the press conference when Bob gave me a chance to speak - I asked for one thing:
    I asked judges that FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - please, please - PLEASE give competitors chance to compete! If they don't get the comparisons they can not fight for their placing! What kind of sport doesn't allow challengers to challenge the champs?

There is NOTHING WORSE than preparing for the show, putting your heart and sole into getting yourself ready, sacrifice everything in process and than come on the Olympia stage just to be completely ignored by the judges!

HALLO - these are THE BEST OF THE BEST...They all earned their place on that stage by qualifying (not the easy task) for the Olympia. Why didn't they get the chance to show what they worked so hard for? Not enough time? Audience would be bored? What is the reason - PLEASE someone with common sense answer that question!

It is simply - disgusting ...

I can tell you that I was approached numerous times by some European judges throughout the years who would come to me and apologise...
    I would ask them what are they apologising for - and they would tell me: "Well, I judged the Olympia this year and I can't believe your placing..."
    EXAMPLE - 1994 I placed 14th at the Olympia...Week later I beat top 5 competitor in every show on European Grand Prix tour...In Spain, Germany, England...in front of completely different set of judges every time!
    That poor judge (OK - German judge) told me: Milos, I don't understand - I asked for comparison between you, Paul Dillet and Porter Cotrell but I was told that I cannot make that comparison...(Paul finished 4th and Porter finished fifth...)

Can you read between the lines?

WHY and I would ask again - WHY DO YOU THINK that judges don't make some comparisons?

BECAUSE OTHER COMPETITORS ARE TOO DANGEROUS TO THEIR "CHOICE ATHLETE".
    If guys are called out to be compared - THE WHOLE WORLD would see the truth.
    This way...they protect their athletes - and their placing is never in question...

Did anyone ever think about WHAT and HOW judges judge the show?
    What do they look in symmetry, muscularity, posing rounds?

I would request that EVERY judge should be responsible for their decisions and I would ask what are his/hers decisions based on?
    Simply - if you make the judgment you should have the reason for that judgement - and therefore I am sure you wouldn't mind elaborating on it.

If you see Ronnie ahead of Jay in symmetry round (just one example) - tell me why.
    What did you consider while making that decision?
    Every aspect of bodybuilding should be considered.

Than we go into other rounds and each and every judge would be accountable.

If we need to have judging seminars - so be it.
    If we need to re-educate judges and show them hundreds of pics and examples of WHAT should we look for in our athletes - we might get somewhere...But when we have "no gut policy" and we have #1 and #2 with ...let's politely say - "a problem in that area"...how do we explain that?
    Nice, don't you think?

Neuer Benutzer
    Gegenüber den Athleten, die sich monatelang den Hintern aufreißen ist das unmöglich.

Neuer Benutzer
    Eine Sache verstehe ich dabei aber nicht.
    Milos lässt es so aussehen als wäre es für den Fan unmöglich einen Vergleich zu machen. Dabei kann sich doch jeder nach dem Mr.O die Bilder ansehen und da sieht man ja, dass Rockel besser war als Cormier. Spätestens dann kommts raus. Also geheimhalten können sie es nicht.

Neuer Benutzer
    wenn das ganze noch jemand auf deutsch übersetzen könnte nicht alle sind so begabt

75-kg-Experte/in
    tatsächlich, mehr als komischer ablauf der pre-judging, sehr unsportlich

Sportrevue Leser Avatar von tonxi
    meiner meinung nach müssten alle teilnehmer geschlossen für eine verbesserung eintreten...sonst wird sich nie etwas ändern! Denn ohne Teilnehmer gäbe es keinen Mr. O. somit ist das das einzige druckmittel!

75-kg-Experte/in
    Also wenn jemand in der Szene kompetent ist, dann Milos,
    er hat Recht aber der O war schon immer mehr oder weniger abgekartert...
    ...schade für den Sport

Sportbild Leser/in Avatar von elwaps
    Zitat Zitat von tonxi
    meiner meinung nach müssten alle teilnehmer geschlossen für eine verbesserung eintreten...sonst wird sich nie etwas ändern! Denn ohne Teilnehmer gäbe es keinen Mr. O. somit ist das das einzige druckmittel!
    stimmt! allerdings... warum sollten sich jay und big ron für sowas einsetzen? ich weiss nicht ob sie das wissen aber sie scheinen ja auf 1 und 2 gesetzt zu sein. und wozu daran dann etwas ändern?
    und wenn sich nur die "schlechten" (besser: schlecht abschneidenden) athleten beschweren heisst es, dass die nicht verkraften würden, einfach schlechter zu sein. nachher werden sie noch zu schlechten verlierern abgestempelt und von der presse zerfleischt (falls "die da oben" auch dort einfluss haben)...

fast unmögliches unterfangen. und solange die ifbb mit solch enormen preisgeldern lockt...

Seite 1 von 12 12311 ... LetzteLetzte