Ergebnis 1 bis 2 von 2
    Power User Avatar von Steven Klippstein

Victor Martinez in der N.Y. Post

Victor Martinez berichtet der N.Y. Post sein Leben in kurz Form. Er gibt Angaben über seine Ernährung und über seinen Anfang mit dem Bodybuilding.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05092007...tadtmiller.htm

hier ist der Orginal Text

'FLEX' APPEAL
    A 'BEEF' ENCOUNTER WITH A MUSCLE-STUD
    By MANDY STADTMILLER
    Victor Martinez is a real pick-up artist, as he demonstrates with Post editor Mackenzie Dawson.
    Victor Martinez is a real pick-up artist, as he demonstrates with Post editor Mackenzie Dawson.
    PrintEmailDigg ItStory Bottom

May 9, 2007 -- This guy is HUGE. In fact, Victor Martinez, the only professional Dominican bodybuilder, is being eyed as a possible next Mr. Olympia and has his sights set on a future career as an action hero in the movies.

A native of the Dominican Republic, he grew up in Washington Heights in a small studio apartment.

As a young boy he used to draw comic book characters, whose musclebound bodies he dreamed of emulating.

Several years later, the 275-pound, 5-foot 9-inch, 3-percent body fat, 33-year-old behemoth has steadily been moving up the ranks of the Mr. Olympia competition, placing third last year.

Ever wonder what it's like to consume 7,000 calories every day, oil up your body and look like a real-life superhero? Read on . . .

You were 140 pounds in 1989 and now you weigh 275. It's like you gained a whole other person.

Pretty much, yeah. When I was 19, it was actually the first time that I got to see the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie "Pumping Iron," (he just won first prize at the 2007 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic) and I said, "This is what I'm going to do."

Tell me what 7,000 calories consists of.

Well, I eat about 3 pounds of steak, maybe about 4 cups of rice and then I have two shakes of 100 grams of protein and also 50 grams of carbs, and a whole carton of eggs every morning. So you would hate to have to feed me.

And what can you lift?

I've done power lifting before and I've bench pressed 475. I've squatted 600 pounds. But staying at that level, year after year, you're going to hurt yourself instead of making yourself better. I lift about 365 to stimulate the muscle enough to build it.

Do you ever go to the gym just to make people feel like losers?

Never, I'm actually the one who shows them how to do the exercises correctly.

Do you ever get into fights?

No, nobody wants to fight me. I'm a nice guy.

Ever broken up a fight?

When a guy tries to hit a girl or something - that's it. But two guys? No way. I usually place a bet.

You used to draw Superman as a kid. If you were a comic book character, what would you call yourself?

Aw, man . . . I'd say Latin Power.

MfG Steven

Eisenbeißer/in Avatar von flyswatter
    Interessant zu lesen. Denke, dass er ein Typ ist, den man durch seine Offenheit gut vermarkten kann. Das NiceGuy-Image, das aus diesem Artikel hervorgeht, trägt auch ordentlich dazu bei.